Monday, May 26, 2008

Flu attacked again!

Adriel has fallen to running nose attacked again. I had the feeling it will be same as the last time he has his flu.

I guess, it was my fault. It has been raining/drizzling every afternoon or evening, and I still bought him out. Tis round we went to Yie Yie's house.

Daddy thought Adriel need to have a walk, so he bought Adriel for a long walk. Where the 18 holes golf was just at the back of Yie Yie's hse.

He came home with sweat on his shirt and hair. And I didn't change him, instead let him run around the hse!

On the way home, he was sitting in his car seat, I can see he's having running nose. Keep on rubbing his nose and I can see he is having difficulty to breath due to mucus dripping down.

When we reached home, I quickly applied Vicks (for kids) to him. He rubbed even more. So, is a waste to put but I have to just wanna make him feel better.

I quickly changed his shirt to long shirt & pant and tried to let him has his dinner. He didn't managed to eat much as his stuffy nose seems to irritate him.

He decided to let go his half-portion dinner. It was ok with me as I know you I'll tend to have no appetite when I get stuff nose - tasteless.

Before letting Adriel to bed, I gave Adriel 6 oz of milk. He drank his milk finished. He still insist to goes to bed. So, I scolded him and whacked him. Yes, I did.

He cried and not too long - wuak.... Vomited - Thank Goodness not much.
And this lil fella was angry with me and he decided to walk out the room and look for his Daddy!!

Daddy tried to pampered him and managed to cool him down. Whenever he saw me, he'll try to give me 'the crying look'! co'z he remembered I whacked him!

Later, Daddy managed to put him to sleep.

At 2am++, out of sudden he was crying. Me with the Blur face suddenly felt really reckless as I can sense he is having difficulty in breathing. I had the feeling he has a blocked airway passage.

Daddy has carrying him and try to rock him to sleep but in vain. He even tried to walk around the hse or put him to sarong cradle, so he can stop crying - Failed.

After an hour, I asked Daddy to put him to his sarong cradle again - Of co'z he still cries. So I decided to give him water. I forgotten that he likes to drink - anything eg. water, milk. When I let him suck his bottle, he immediately quiet. Phewww.. At least we can have a good nite sleep again. He than went to Zzzz.

Me slept in a separate room. Daddy decided to take care of him.

Not too long, about every 1/2hr, Adriel starts crying again. Which leads all of us a sleepless night! Well, as I said, Is not easy to have a good sleep when you have a blocked nose.

At 7am++, Adriel started to settled down. He managed to sleep for a bit longer. But than, I got to get ready to work! So, I decided to call up office that I will be coming to work late as I need to bring Adriel to visit the Doc.

I got the feeling Adriel will end up having nebulizer again as I can hear some wheezing sounds coming from his chest.

We only managed to get to see the Doc at 10.30am as there are 10 person in front of us even though I did a phone appointment. Yup, Doc Chin Clinic normally are full with patience. (Doc Chin is MP Panel Expert).

Again, Adriel start crying when he saw Dr Chin. He must be getting nightmares when he see Doc Chin! Cry and cry and cry... finally doc said - he needs a nebulizer ~ as expected! While Doc checking on his records, Adriel actually has his last nebulizer two months back.

Ok this round, he only cried initial for 2-3 minutes. Must be no more tears as he already cried the whole nite! Poor Boy.

After having his nebulizer, Doc came over and checked on his chest. Adriel start wailing!...
Doc said Adriel need to come back to night to have another nebulizer so he can have a deep sleep during the night. @%@#% another cost!

His bill is the same as last last two mths - four types of medication ~ flu, cough, airway & fewer. Total bill RM73.00 and if we are coming tonight for nebulizer, it will cost RM20 just for the suction.

I was discussion with Albert, we will see what will happen tonight. Maybe he does not need another one.

So after visiting the Doc, I straight bring Adriel to Aunty about 11am. I told Aunty that I only fed Adriel less than 2 oz as I worried Adriel will vomit again.

Not too long when I reached office, I gave Aunty a call to check out of him. Aunty fed Adriel 6oz and he vomited most of it. And he also went into deep sleep ~ must be too tired and after the nebulizer he will normally have a good sleep (opened airway).

After having a good sleep, Aunty said Adriel started to have his routine back to normal!. Pushing the furnitures and playing around. Which is a good sign.. Phewww.

When I collect Adriel, Aunty told me he only drank milk the whole day. Nothing solid were introduced to him as he doesn't have a good appetite.

Earlier I went to Pasar Malam to get him some chinese style cupcakes... Hahaha, You must be wondering what is that. Is actually made of eggs, flour and etc (sorie dun really knows the ingredients) but in chinese it calls "Kai Tan Koh" or Egg cake. But this Egg cake was presented in a style of cupcake. It has the softest texture I ever had. Even myself enjoyed it very much.

He ate the cupcakes - at least he get to eat something nice! I just wanna boost up his appetite.

And at the same time me and Albert was wandering should we go or not to see the Doc???? After much of consideration, we said NO. Adriel is a strong boy he will be able to fight with the virus.
But he still will goes on with his medication.

At night, I managed to let him to drank his 6 oz of milk - finished. And he straight when to bed. Yes, he has a good night sleep through out.

That's the story of a Poor Boy having his Flu virus... and sorry for the long post!

No comments: